Helmet of Salvation
There is so much to the topics of salvation and the ways of the enemy, it will be overwhelming to cover it all at once. Today in accordance with the theme of the study we are going to narrow our focus.
When the enemy attacks the war takes place in the space between our ears. This is why God instructs us to take the helmet of salvation. It is to protect our minds from the deceptions of Satan. For he attempts to ruin us by:
· Giving falls promises - Ge 3:5
· Misuse Scripture – Mt 4:6
· Cunning plans – 2Co 2:11; 11:3
· Appearing as an angel of light – 2Co 11:14
God gives us many gifts but the greatest of them all is the free gift of salvation through Christ. This gift comes with the assurance that:
· We are safe under the watchful eye of our Heavenly Father – Ps 27:1
· He is always with us – Ps 46:1
· God is our stronghold in times of trouble – Ps 37:39, Ps 62:1-2
· We have joy and peace in His presence - Zep 3:17
God sent salvation - the enemy sends condemnation. When the helmet is not covering our heads we are vulnerable. We must take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ, so He may instruct us in the way we should walk. 2Co 2:16, 2Co 10:3-5
Making it personal:
Today we had a glance at Satan’s tactics and the importance of taking the helmet of salvation. Let’s make this information practical by paying close attention to what we allow our minds to meditate on for minutes, hours, and even days. Once you have a thought captive (restrained from keep on going on) look if it aligns with God’s word (that is making it obedient to Christ). For example:
Thought - “I’m such a failure. My efforts are useless.”
God’s word – “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Pr 16:3 “He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.” Ps 145:19
This proves to be easier said than done but it is a spiritual discipline we need to achieve in order to live victoriously. Please don’t feel intimidated. Unless you have been a Christian for a long time most of us don’t have an arsenal of memorized scriptures to draw from. The key here is to take the condemning thoughts captive and replace them with the truth from God’s word. Here are some helpful tips:
· Most Bibles have a section called “When you need…” or some similar title. Here you will find different topics and the scriptures associated with them. It is a great place to begin.
· You may choose to invest in a book of Bible promises or favorite verses. These also have topic index, making it easy to find the scriptures associated with your situation.
I hope you will be encouraged and choose a method that works best for you.
Walk with God and glorify His name.
You just finished reading "Helmet of Salvation" part of the series JESUS IN THE WILDERNESS.
Consider leaving a comment, share your thoughts.
My prayer is that this will be a place where you find hope and nourishment for your soul.
LET'S BE FRIENDS
Sign up to receive my blog posts.
Subscribe in a reader:
KEEP IN TOUCH
I permit and encourage the reproduction and distribution of the materials in any format as long as you do not alter the wording in any way and do not charge a fee. For web posting, a link to the document on www.fromtheplace.com website is preferred. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by FromThePlace.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy:
By Dessi Bushi. ©2013-2017 FromThePlace